Online Safety Resources
The following collection of resources from the U.S. government, various nonprofit organizations, and businesses offer tips and guidance for staying safe while surfing the Internet:
- ACLU Cyber-Liberties Page Information and resources regarding cybercrimes, privacy and more.
- Doing Business on the Internet General resources from the Library of Congress.
- Dozier Internet Law Collection of articles and FAQs on cyberlaw and related issues.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation Advocacy organization dedicated to supporting online free speech and expression.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center Public interest group focused on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy and the First Amendment.
- Internet Safety Tips for Kids - [PDF] Helpful tips for kids and their parents from the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Internet Fraud: How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams From the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Internet Fraud Resources From USA.gov
- Network Solutions Register domain names and research current domain name holder information.
- Parents Guide to the Internet From the U.S. Department of Education.
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers A non-profit, private-sector corporation recognized by the U.S. and other governments as the global consensus entity to coordinate the technical management of the Internet's domain name system.