Consumer Protection Resources
- The Consumer Action Handbook From the Federal Citizen Information Center of the U.S. General Services Administration. Offers general buying tips and ways to resolve marketplace problems, as well as information on specific topics such as credit, cars, insurance, and travel.
- Failed Bank List From the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). This list includes banks which have failed since October 1, 2000.
- The Equal Credit Opportunity Act From the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Federal Citizen Information Center - Money Features articles on money, credit, investing, savings and retirement planning.
- FTC's Website on Credit From the Federal Trade Commission. Features consumer education articles.
- Insurance From Money.com. Features articles and calculators for health, life, home and auto insurance.
- Insurance Center From Fool.com. Discusses understanding and purchasing insurance.
- Insure.com Consumer insurance information service and companion insurance brokerage service. Features free articles and calculators.
- NASDAQ Stock Market Provides investment news, market ticker, IPO filings, earnings announcements, investor tools, personal finance resources and more.
- Investor Information From the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Covers learning to invest, calculators, investor resources, investor protection articles and more.
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Provides market information, market regulation data, information on listed companies and more.
- Securities Class Action Clearinghouse From Stanford University School of Law. Features cases, opinions, orders, settlements, reports, statutes, rules and more.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Features investor information, corporate filings, and more.